Tuesday, June 2, 2009

5.31.09 ride - fairfax to pt. reyes to olema and back on the cross marin trail

---

ride call:

SUNDAY APRIL 31st Fairfax to Point Reyes and back Meet at JAVA HUT across from Sunshine Bikes 9AM meet up time and lets try to roll out promptly as close to 9AM as we can This should be about 35 Miles and 2800 feet of climbing PLEASE RSVP so we know whos coming This is always a popular destination BOB FREITAS CELL 415-531-xxxx

---

some comments from the gang:

Hi Bob and all, We had a fun vintage ride out to Pt. Reyes Station and back to Fairfax today. Bob, we missed you and were sorry you couldn't make it--especially since you organized the ride! I posted a few photos at this link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/stephen.bryne/BobSMarinVintageRideOfMay312009

Good times were had by all. Stephen Bryne in Fairfax, Ca

---

First, I want to thank you all for not making fun of how slow I am. But, damn, the old white Gitane can fly sometimes! I have done these rides many times and I think this route is the best, although going back to purple bridge and Nicasio at Platform Bridge Junction would add a few miles and another hill, the run through Samuel P. Taylor Park is so pretty! It was a joy to draft all of you speed demons and ride with so many classy people and beautiful bikes! My birthday is coming up soon, and if a Colnago, Rosa, or Cooper showed up on my doorstep, I could die a happy man!....When I'm 100! Thanks, Bob, for letting me pick the route! Carlo, White Gitane TDF

---

more of my pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericm/sets/72157619021092585/

Don't forget the Paradise Loop ride this Saturday. Start at the Log Cabin at Presidio at 9, roll out at 9:30, or start at the Mill Valley Heliport at 10:15, roll out at 10:30. Come on out and get some fresh air and exercise. Rain cancels.

No comments: