Wednesday, June 29, 2011

cold summer climb... 6.28.11

This was a training day for the ride around Lake Tahoe this week. Hopefully the rain will stop tomorrow... Very cool & windy made this ride seem a lot easier than last year. Lot's of snow around 8000' and I saw the lowest recumbent ever riding down the mountain as I was climbing. An 18 wheeler honked as I pulled down on an imaginary line - waved as he went by headed for Carson City. Stopping at Tahoe Meadows I noticed the road was closed due to snow. At this point the cold wind was penetrating my flimsy plastic kit. Made it to the top, ate an orange, then headed back down the mountain. The descent takes so long I need to stop a couple times to get some feeling back in the fingers. In the drops the entire time due to gusty head & crosswinds. Started raining in earnest a couple hours later.

more pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericm/sets/72157627072180368/

'til next time, "Have a Nice Ride"...

No comments: